Print this Recipe
Share this recipe
- 300g (10 ½ oz.) chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce (gluten free)
- ¼ cup (90g) clear honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 ½ cups (350g) cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, finely sliced
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup (30g) mint, leaves
- 1 cup (30g) fresh coriander, leaves
- ½ cup (80g) almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
Lay the chicken between 2 sheets of clingfilm and pound with a rolling pin to slightly flatten.
To make the marinade, put the soy sauce, honey, garlic and 1 tbsp. sesame oil in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and put in the fridge. Allow it to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
Heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes each side or until brown. Then take off the pan, and set aside to slightly cool and thinly slice or shred.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the remaining marinade to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes or until sticky. Set aside to cool.
Put the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onion, mint, coriander, almonds, sesame seeds and the chicken in a large serving bowl. Add the soy dressing and toss to combine.
Serve straight away or store in the fridge.