Are you getting enough nutrients to function optimally?
Severe nutrient deficiencies may be a thing of the past in the developed world, but changes in food quality, busier lifestyles and health conditions that compromise nutrient absorption can all impact on our nutrient status.
Signs and symptoms of nutrient insufficiency can develop long before true deficiency occurs. Without adequate levels of nutrients, the body has to prioritise certain pathways over others resulting in some processes in the body becoming compromised.
This can manifest as:
- Brittle hair and nails
- Frequent mouth ulcers
- Cracking at the corners of the mouth
- Bleeding gums
- Poor night vision
- White spots on the nails
- Dry and scaly skin
- Hair loss
- Little bumps on the backs of the arms
- Restless legs
- Poor sleep
- Mood changes
The ONE test is the most comprehensive way to assess nutrient status. Traditional blood tests are only able to give a snapshot of the nutrient levels in the bloodstream. They don’t reveal anything about whether the body is using the nutrients effectively.
What’s more, not all nutrients can be measured in the blood. Some nutrients are stored in places such as the liver and some of them are kept within such tightly controlled limits in the bloodstream that blood tests will only show a problem when severe deficiencies exist.
The ONE test is a functional nutritional assessment. This means that it measures key pathways in the body to see if the body is absorbing and utilising nutrients effectively. It uses over 80 different biomarkers to give an in-depth understanding of individual diet and supplementation needs. The analysis is done using a urine sample from first thing in the morning.
The biomarkers measured gives an overall picture of health that includes assessment of:
- Digestion and absorption
- Energy production
- Amino acid balance – these are the building blocks of proteins
- Neurotransmitter metabolism (neurotransmitters are involved in mood)
- Vitamin and mineral need
- Toxin exposure and detoxification efficiency
- Oxidative stress – the balance of free radicals and antioxidants in the body
The results can then be used to plan a personalised diet and supplement plan to support nutrient absorption, top up any insufficiencies, and ensure optimal function of all areas of health.
This test is recommended for those who:
- Suffer from signs and symptoms of nutrient insufficiency
- Have long term unexplained fatigue
- Want to improve health and nutritional status
- Aim to optimise sports performance
- Have a history of poor diet and nutrient intake
- Suffer from a digestive disease that affects absorption