Corporate Health through Nutrition Therapy
Why do you need our corporate nutrition services:
However big or small your business is, your workforce is being affected by sub-optimal health and wellness.
- Stress related disorders and absenteeism cost the UK £3.7bn in 2010 – the equivalent of 13.5m working days and £666 per employee
- For a business with 200 employees this can mean 1600 lost days at a monetary cost of £133,200
- Stress related absences is equivalent of 15.2m lost working days, businesses with less than 250 employees had 1280 cases and those with larger work force the rate was 1550 cases in 2014. The average days lost per case for stress, depression or anxiety was 23 days.
- The total number of cases of work related stress, depression or anxiety in 2014/15 was 440,000 cases, a prevalence rate of 1380 per 100,000 workers.
- The UK economy stands to gain £12 billion in productivity terms if wellbeing levels in the workplace were to rise by just 7%
- Work related stress accounts for 35% of work related ill health and 43% of days lost, in 2013/14.
- In 2014 there were 10.4million days lost to stress, with the average cost of ‘sick’ days being £618 per day meaning workplace stress cost the UK economy a total of £6,427,200,000 in 2012.
- Presenteeism” due to mental ill health costs businesses almost twice the amount caused by absenteeism
- Presenteeism is also on the rise, with employees coming to work disengaged, tired, unmotivated and too stressed to work which is also costing employers.
- Organisations that had noted an increase in presenteeism over the past year were more likely to report an increase in stress-related absence over the same period (49% compared to 33% of those who did not report an increase in people coming to work ill)
- Coventry City Council lost 22,000 work days in 2010 due to “stress, depression and anxiety” – a 25% rise costing a staggering £1.5m
- Nearly four in ten (39%) employers report an increase in stress-related absence, compared to just 12% reporting a decrease.
- Coventry City Council lost over 11,000 work days in 2013 due to “stress, depression and anxiety” which is a 9% increase on the previous year – this figure excludes school staff.
- Over a quarter of organisations (29%) report they have increased their focus on employee wellbeing and health promotion as a result of the economic context. Over two-fifths of the public sector report an increase in focus compared with just over one-fifth of the private sector.
Benefits to your Business
- Reduced Absenteeism
- Happier, healthier workforce
- Improved Morale
- Improved mental and physical state / performance
- Greater attention to detail, increased responsiveness
- Increased productivity
- Improved relations with staff and employer perception
Typical services include:
- Nutritional services
- Individualised 1-1 consultations to address a full array of health conditions
- Body composition reports
- Group workshops
- Talks / Seminars
- Behavioural interventions to assist in the intervention of a plan
- How nutrition can benefit
- Improved health and wellness
- Physical and psychological stress reduction
- Emotional support
Jo Works with a team of corporate experts to deliver individualised packages to meet your companies needs. If you require further information regarding our corporate packages, please contact us